Determine your student fees
It is important to calculate your total study costs before you register for your unisa course and modules. The amount of money you are able to pay on your studies will have an effect on the total of modules you will be allowed to register for. The total study cost will always differ depending on the qualification, the number of modules and also other extra costs. To get your total study cost total, you must also add the registration, learning material and student fees to your calculations.
If you are thinking of registering over the internet you will be allowed to choose your modules there and also have access to the free study fees calculator. By using this function you will be able to work out completely what you final study costs will be. If you are going to use the post of fax option to register you will have to calculate your own study fee total before you register for the modules and your studies. By doing this, you will be prepared for any extra costs and not run into some delays with registering.
Here are a few pointers to keep in mind when you are thinking about registering and starting your studies:
* Check what the minimum amount is you must pay when registering
* Be sure to have the correct unisa banking details when registering.
* Check if you can use your credit card for payments
* See if you can get an online fee quotation
* Do research on the study costs and extra fees
* Find out if they have any easy payment plans you can sign up for.
* Take note that all courses have different costs
* There are always extra costs for prescribed books and extra research material
* If you have financial troubles you can always find out if they offer bursaries
* Make sure that about repayment issues and cancellation days and if you have these options available
Finding a cheaper alternative for your studies
Unisa is not the only distance learning provider. There are also a number of distance learning colleges that offers diploma, advanced certificate and certificate courses on a lower cost level. Distance learning colleges offer a wide variety of full-time and part-time courses in the business, accounting, management, computer, hospitality and creative fields.
If you would like to view a list of distance learning colleges, click on the button below.