Unisa offers various courses in the following course groups
· Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
· Economic and Management Sciences
· Human Sciences
· Science, Engineering and Technology
Other distance learning courses
Interested in furthering your studies through distance learning? Why not study at College SA. College SA is a leading accredited distance learning provider that offers quality and affordable courses. Their benefits and guarantees are unlike any other distance learning provider. You can study certificate, diploma and accredited courses at College SA.
To find out more about their courses, fill in this form and you will receive a series of informative newsletters.
Unisa is a distance learning university that offers courses to students all over South Africa and other areas in Africa. The courses are specially designed for distance learning. The content is written in such a way that the student will understand exactly what is expected of him/her and be able to complete their assignments successfully without any hassles.
In cases where the student may need help there are usually student support teams who are more than willing to help the student reach their goal.
Hundreds of thousands of people enrol for unisa programmes each year. The explanation for this is since the college provides certified and worldwide recognised degrees and diplomas to people from all over the world.
There are lots of unisa short courses readily available that would certainly fit well into the working students’ life. If you intend to sign up with unisa for the initial time, you need to pre-register and pay your registration fees in the year before starting your studies.
Together We Pass has been helping UNISA students since 2008, by offering unisa study groups in an online environment. We help students to contract each other easily, give them great resources, help them improve their mask, make sure they are ready for exams, let them buy and sell second hand UNISA textbooks, and even help them work on their professional development with CV writing tips, interview skills and more.
Entrance requirements for unisa courses
UNISA National Higher Certificate
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) – must have a 30% in the language of teaching and learning*
- Senior Certificate – must have 30% in the language of teaching and learning*
- National Certificate Level 4 – must have 30% in the language of teaching and learning*
*(In terms of the NSC)
UNISA National Diploma
- Matric Certification with diploma entry level
- Matric Certification without exception but with 5 topics passed at higher or basic grade
- Apply for full or conditional exception certification provided by Matriculation Board of Much higher
- Education and learning of SA
- Grade 10 Certificate, over 23 years of age and 3 years' job going through
- National Vocational Certification at level 4
You will have to hold one of the following certifications in order to register for a UNISA Bachelors level:
- Matric Certificate with college exemption
- Full or conditional exception released by the Matriculation Board of Higher Education of SA
- National Vocational Certification level 4: degree